Why tech is the career of choice for young professionals and talent recruitment
In recent years, few industries have experienced explosive growth and innovation rates as much as the tech sector has. Across industries, technology has revolutionized the resources and operations of countless businesses, shaping communication, how we work, and how we interact with the world. This major expansion in the industry has created the opportunity for young tech talent worldwide to make tech their career path and has, in turn, made tech a major focus for young talent recruitment as well. In this article, we will explore why tech has become a top career choice for young professionals today and what this means for recruitment organizations.
Quick facts about the young tech sector
- The global information technology market grew from $8179.48 billion in 2022 to $8852.41 billion in 2023
- 264,500 tech industry jobs were added to the market in 2022
- The ‘Big Four’ – Amazon, Apple, Google, and Facebook – are collectively worth US $4 trillion
- The overall tech industry is estimated to have a growth rate (CAGR) of 5% through 2024
- The big data industry will be worth up to US $77 billion by the year 2023
Tech salaries across jobs globally are increasing each year
Also Read: Why Talent As A Service Benefits Startups?
Why is tech the career of choice for young professionals?
There are multiple reasons that young professionals are seeking out the tech sector. Some of these include:
- Constant innovation and development. New technological developments are emerging every day, making this industry a fast-paced, dynamic space to work. From cutting-edge software and revolutionary hardware solutions to innovative concepts that apply technology to solve real-world problems, the frontier is constantly expanding in the tech sector, making work here an exciting, rewarding endeavor.
- Continuous learning and growth. Tech is constantly evolving, meaning that tech workers are constantly learning and experiencing new concepts and developments. This makes for an exciting career that keeps you on your toes! Continuous learning and skill development are not optional in this fast-paced industry, giving ambitious young professionals plenty of room and opportunity to accelerate their careers and growth.
- A diverse range of specialist opportunities. As the tech sector has expanded, more and more jobs have been created within this dynamic industry. From software development and data science to product management, UX design, cybersecurity, and artificial intelligence, young professionals have a wide range of roles to choose from when entering the tech sector as companies look to hire development team members and tech specialists.
- Flexible work arrangements. The tech industry has been a trailblazer in remote working and flexible arrangements. The tech industry offers many appealing options for young professionals who value work-life balance and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Global impact and improvement. The tech industry has facilitated some of the biggest advancements in recent years, with the development of sustainable energy solutions and life-changing digital platforms making major improvements for people worldwide. The possibilities tech holds for making world-changing improvements make this industry very attractive for young talent seeking to positively impact their lives.
The global talent shortage; a draw for young professionals and talent recruitment firms
A final, crucial reason why tech is highly attractive is because of the global tech talent shortage the sector faces. The talent gap refers to the growing gap between the number of job openings in tech and the lack of qualified talent to fill those roles. There is a shortage of skilled tech workers, and the problem continues to grow as the tech sector grows. The shortage is expected to reach over 85 million professionals by 2030, and US $8.5 trillion is anticipated to be lost.
As such, for young professionals and talent recruitment agencies, turning towards the tech sector is a lucrative opportunity. Companies are urgently looking to hire development team members, AI specialists, UX designers, and countless other tech specialists to keep up with the ever-evolving technological landscape. This means that talent acquisition firms can enter an explosive market when they focus on the needs of companies requiring tech workers. And, of course, the more significant the talent gap, the more in demand every tech professional becomes, making the industry exceptionally appealing to young talent at the beginning of their careers.
Global Valley is assisting young professionals to achieve their tech career goals
As a talent recruitment agency, Global Valley is perfectly positioned to help young tech professionals launch their careers. As providers of Talent-as-a-Service for the Israeli technology industry, we source tech professionals from around the world, enabling them to kickstart their careers in the United Arab Emirates while helping Israeli companies hire development team members for their operations.
From the Global Valley offices in Abu Dhabi, our tech professionals are connected to top technology companies in Israel, working remotely from one of the most dynamic cities in the world. If you are looking to elevate your career in this rapidly growing industry, Global Valley is ready to help you succeed!
To find out more about Global Valley’s Talent-as-a-Service solutions, reach out to us today.